Make a string telephone
What you will need:
- 2 paper cups
- A sharp pencil to help you poke the holes.
- Cut a hole piece of string.
- Poke a small hole in the bottom of each cup.
- Thread the string through each cup and tie knots at each end to stop the pulling through the cup.
- Move into position with you and your friend holding the cups at a distance that makes the string tight.
- One person talks into the cup while the other puts the cup by their aer
Speaking into the cup creates sound waves which converted into vibrations at the bottom of the cup.
The vibrations travel along the string and are converted back into sound waves at the other end so your friend can hear what you said.sound travels through the air but it travels even better through solids such as your cup and string,allows you to hear sounds that might be too far away when traveling through the air.